IAGS Conference Scholarships
The IAGS Conference Organising Committee calls for applications for competitive scholarships to contribute towards the costs of attending the IAGS2017 Conference at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
Scholarships are open to:
- PhD students
- Early Career Researchers (within 5 years of PhD completion)
- Scholars from developing countries
- Participants from NGOs (incl. museums)
- Secondary school teachers
Applicants must have an abstract already accepted to present at the IAGS2017 Conference.
To apply, applicants must email:
- Title, name, position, institutional affiliation, contact details.
- Max. 150-word biography.
- A one-page statement including:
- How attending the IAGS2017 Conference will contribute towards your research or practice.
- The topic of your paper accepted for presentation at the conference.
- Detailed explanation of why you require funding to attend the conference.
- A full itemised budget of costs to attend the conference.
Please note that ALL participants are required to pay their own registration fee, and conference scholarships will not be applied to the registration fee cost. Applicants must also be paid members of the International Association of Genocide Scholars; memberships available from the IAGS website.
Scholarship amounts awarded will be dependent on the total number of accepted applicants. Scholarships are unlikely to cover all an applicant’s costs, so the committee encourages applicants to also seek funding from other sources.
One separate scholarship of AUD1500 is available for an applicant from South East Asia or the Pacific Islands (NZ excluded). There is no need to submit a separate application; all applicants from those regions will be automatically considered for this scholarship, funded by the University of Queensland School of Languages and Cultures.
Applications must be addressed to the IAGS Organising Committee and emailed with the subject heading ‘[Surname] Scholarship Application’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is: 20 February 2017.
Please note that scholarships will be given as a reimbursement at the conference on provision of receipts.
Scholarships are funded by:
- Australian Institute of International Affairs
- Contemporary Histories Research Group at Deakin University
- International Association of Genocide Scholars
- Jewish Holocaust Centre, Melbourne
- School of Communication and Arts, University of Queensland
- School of Language and Cultures, University of Queensland
External Funding Suggestions
Up to £1000 per applicant for social sciences PhD students and postdocs (up to three years); deadline 31 Jan 2017. Applicants must have their paper already accepted.