All applicants must be enrolled in the undergraduate law program at UQ.
The selection panel will give primary consideration to the following criteria:
- prior mooting experience and success (internal/external competitions)
- demonstrated advocacy/public speaking skills
- academic results in law, both generally and in any legal subjects directly relevant to the competition
- availability during the preparation period for the competition
- statement of motivation.
The selection panel will also consider the following criteria:
- relevant academic or work experience
- ensuring the maximum number of students possible benefit from participation in the mooting program*
- year of study of the applicant
- experience relevant to skills of advocacy, teamwork, problem solving, research and analysis
- other moot-specific criteria listed in the description of the individual moots.
* In the interest of providing an opportunity to moot to as many law students as possible, preference will be given to students who have not participated in an international moot in the calendar year of the applications.
Note: A material misstatement by an applicant will disqualify his or her application.