Monica joined the law school in 2012 as Director of the UQ Pro Bono Centre. Previously, she worked in the community legal sector advising clients across a range of areas of law including housing, disability, mental health and public space law. As Director of the UQ Pro Bono Centre, Monica coordinates the law school's Clinical Legal Education program, and is involved in pursuing pro bono legal opportunities for law students. As a former clinic coordinator, Monica has taught students in clinical legal settings including the QPILCH Mental Health Law Clinic and the Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Griffith University 
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland 
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland 
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia 
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland