LAWS7012 Business Taxation
This course is an introductory level examination of the basic principles of taxation law in Australia, with particular emphasis on the topics required by professional accounting bodies for accreditation purposes.
- Introduction to Australia’s taxation system
- Residency for taxation purpose
- Income for taxation purposes
- Tax deductions
- Capital Gains Tax
- Business taxation issues, especially the Goods & Services Tax and the Fringe Benefits Tax
- Business structures and their taxation implications.
Ross Kirkwood has an extensive background in tax administration and tax compliance having worked with the Australian Taxation Office for 23 years before commencing employment with UQ in 2004. He now lectures in taxation law.
Ross is a member of The Tax Institute and a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).