Careers and overseas opportunities
Your law degree is more than the sum of what you learnt in class. UQ offers an incredible variety of opportunities both here in Queensland and throughout the world for students to build on their classroom experiences.
There are opportunities to gain work experience through internships, work experience placements and volunteering. UQ Law students can also study overseas and take part in numerous international programs.
The School of Law strongly encourages all students to take up these opportunities. These present not only transformational learning experiences, but also give students an opportunity to distinguish themselves to future employers.
The Student Employability Team (SET) is dedicated to assisting students from the BEL Faculty to increase their employability, access opportunities and manage their careers. BEL SET’s services are supplementary to the Careers Service offered by the UQ Student Employability Centre.
StudentHub offers advice and information to help you effectively structure your job search.
The tabs below are starting points for the many diverse opportunities available to law students. Visit StudentHub to find more.
- Uni-Capitol Washington Internship Program
- Joint LLB/LLM with Washington University in St Louis
- World Bank Internship
- Forever Sabah - International Environmental Law Clinic in Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo)
- Exploring Anti-Corruption, Integrity and Corporate Governance in Indonesia Program
- UQ Abroad
- BEL Study Overseas
- Endeavour Mobility Grants
- NCP Scholarship Program
- Westpac Scholarship Program